Station 3.5 confussion...

This section contains discussions on decks, hulls, rudders, ballasts.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Station 3.5 confussion...

Postby cshelden » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:12 am

Hello all, once again i'm sure I have a pretty simple question, just the answer is missing me. Station 3.5, is it required in an Ozman winch setup? From everything I read it is only used as a turning block location for the RMG style. Is this correct? Once again thanks for the help.

Charlie
OKC,OK
AMYA #109
cshelden

Postby Doug Wotring » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:08 am

HI Charlie,

actually if you could swing it I think you can build with no deck beams like when you use a molded deck.

on the other hand......I personally think that Station/Bulhead provides a hhuge ammount of strength and rigidity to the bow of your boat.

At one time or another it will impact something...another EC-12, a Real boat, a Pier pileing (sp?) or the like.

It also allows for a thick soup of glass fibers and resin to be poued in along the seam at the bow.
Doug Wotring

Postby cshelden » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:34 pm

Thanks for the info Doug, I didn't phrase my question well. I plan to install it but if you are using the Ozman system I don't need a turning block there for anything do I? For the Jib sheet attachment in the hull is it important where you locate this anchor on the side of the hull, or is it just where I feel best, or is there a convention here that is used?

Speaking of decks, I found the local woodworker supply has veneer in any type of wood I could want 2x96 and 2x48 size. They had 3 kinds of Mahogony as well as Teak. I'm not to that point yet, but am getting close.

charlie
cshelden

Return to Below Deck