Batteries

This section contains discussions on decks, hulls, rudders, ballasts.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Batteries

Postby Doug Wotring » Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:09 am

http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?P ... &ProdID=95

6v 1800mAh packs......2 for 15.95

used them all year with no battery failures.

Can't hardly beat the price
Doug Wotring

Postby Mike D » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:13 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Doug Wotring</i>

http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?P ... &ProdID=95

6v 1800mAh packs......2 for 15.95

used them all year with no battery failures.

Can't hardly beat the price

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Doug:

How would you compare these to the A-Pak batteries for performance? I note the A-Pak batteries are 3x more expensive and the charger is $149.00.

New to racing

Mike[:D]
Mike D

Postby PegLeg » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:38 pm

Mike

Interstate Batteries will build you whatever you want quite inexpensivly. The only hitch is that they probably will not have the right connector in stock. I recently purchased a 4400Mah 5 cell pack for $27.00 approx. I use it on my Wheeler and have not charged it for 3 days of almost continous sailing. For the EC I use a 2700 mah 5 cell pac purchased from Apac in 2001 for more than $55.99. There is no longer any comparisons for me to make .

For the Tx I use 2400Mah AA size from them too and charge these with the regular charger.

Battery life should no longer be a problem.
PegLeg

Postby Doug Wotring » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:16 am

Mike,

I love the batteries, just ordered 8 more......total of 51.00 shipped.

6v 2000mah with the futaba connector that I use.

Charger: Any charger you feel like using. I use a Duratrax Digital intellipeak which is a smart charger. Only drawback is that it will only do one pack at a time.

Update: had my first battery failure. after 2 years of use as my primary pack. have not diagnosed it yet but is likly wire corrosion or a broken wirre in the lead and likely repairable
Doug Wotring

Postby Mike D » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:36 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Doug Wotring</i>

Mike,

I love the batteries, just ordered 8 more......total of 51.00 shipped.

6v 2000mah with the futaba connector that I use.

Charger: Any charger you feel like using. I use a Duratrax Digital intellipeak which is a smart charger. Only drawback is that it will only do one pack at a time.

Update: had my first battery failure. after 2 years of use as my primary pack. have not diagnosed it yet but is likly wire corrosion or a broken wirre in the lead and likely repairable
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Doug:

I purchased from batteryspace.com the 2 pack, smart charger, and some connectors all for $62.23 delivered!!

Their site has absolutly something for everyone.

Peg Leg
Thank you for your input.

Mike[:D]
Mike D

Return to Below Deck