post with hole part number or supplier

This section contains discussions on decks, hulls, rudders, ballasts.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

post with hole part number or supplier

Postby s vernon » Wed May 02, 2012 10:21 am

http://www.ec12.info/MY/my-images/SB-sheets-05.jpg

2 swivels and a ring off to the side around the elastic to keep the connector itself from spinning is a great idea. I hope Tom Germer did not come up with that. He already wants to take credit for far too many of his smart ideas. :-)

What is the part number or manufacturer and name of that post to the left side of the picture that holds the block for the elastic? It looks like it is someone's brass eyebolt. I could not find it at SailsETC or Midwest Model Yachting.

Thanks
Scott
s vernon

Re: post with hole part number or supplier

Postby Tim » Wed May 02, 2012 12:15 pm

Scott,
Either a M3 x 20MM or M3.5 x 25MM Eye bolt will work, both available from Mid West.
Tim
Vermont
"Just for Fun" #484
Tim

Re: post with hole part number or supplier

Postby tag1945 » Wed May 02, 2012 5:23 pm

2 swivels and a ring off to the side around the elastic to keep the connector itself from spinning is a great idea. I hope Tom Germer did not come up with that. He already wants to take credit for far too many of his smart ideas. :-)

What is the part number or manufacturer and name of that post to the left side of the picture that holds the block for the elastic? It looks like it is someone's brass eyebolt. I could not find it at SailsETC or Midwest Model Yachting.

Scott

Yes I did come up with that! In fact, I made the one you show in the link!

Midwest Model Yachting does carry the part you want. It is an eye bolt. (Eyebolt, Deck Mount, M3.5 x 25mm, Nickel plated brass - by SAILSetc -)
The block is attached to the eyebolt with an additional shackle.

Tom
AMYA 6571
Tom Germer
AMYA #6571
tag1945

Return to Below Deck