New Plug and Molds

This section contains discussions on decks, hulls, rudders, ballasts.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

New Plug and Molds

Postby John Gould » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:25 pm

Does anyone know the status of the new molds currently under approval? When is it expected that they will be available for use? I am in the process of beginning construction of an EC12, and would like to know how long I would need to wait, if I wanted a hull from the new molds. [:)]

John Gould
John Gould

Postby Rick West » Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:39 am

John,
It is very difficult to estimate these things because of all the steps needed to end up with a commercial mold set. It is hoped that the first of the mold sets will be shipped the first part of May. However, this is not certain. Even the shipping of the mold sets to the manufacturers will not determine the timing for finished hulls ready for the comsumer. My suggestion is not to expect one in your shop till August and that is if you place an order now.
The list for the new molds will be:
Robin Yachts, GA
Hickman Enterprises, FL
Larry Ludwig, TX
RMD Marine, FL
Information on the progress will be posted on the building site and EC12 Net when phases are completed. Rick...[8D]
Rick West

Postby Capt. Flak » Fri May 07, 2004 1:58 am

John,

I just got back from the St. Pete regatta were a new Robin Yachts hull in baby blue was for sale by Mike Zellanack for $150. You can find his email address in the suppliers page or in the members listing here.

Also for sale was an Ozmun hull with lead, deck, and rudder for $250 I believe. Mike is not selling that one but he can put you in contact with the guy.

These might be some cood options for you if you can't wait.

Joe Walter #24
Capt. Flak

Postby John Gould » Fri May 07, 2004 4:11 pm

Thanks to Capt. Flak for the info. I was at St. Petersburg and decided to buy the purple hull and rubber from Mike Zellanback rather than wait. Hope to see you on the water soon with a "Barney" boat.[:D][:D]
John Gould

Return to Below Deck