Acquired a very old sailboat... need help with its info.

This section contains discussions on decks, hulls, rudders, ballasts.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Re: Acquired a very old sailboat... need help with its info.

Postby shine3733 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:27 am

I'm a new member and just read the previous posts on this subject. I recently came across what appears to be a duplicate of this hull at a yard sale. It was in rough shape with nothing there except the deck hardware. I bought it anyway on a lark for $ 2.00 thinking that I'd restore it just to 'play' with in the lake in front of my home. The overall length is 65" and the beam about 11.5 ". I figure to purchase mast, electronics, etc. so that my grandson and I can have some fun together. He's 11 and I bought him a RC Laser last Christmas. He got his first sailboat (An Opti) when he was 8.

My main question is: Where can I get details of rigging? I've been able to download lots of info about electronics but nothing regarding mast, sheet, etc. locations/layout. The books available through the club are out of publication. Any help/assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Old Dog!
shine3733

Re: Acquired a very old sailboat... need help with its info.

Postby jsarey » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:34 pm

Just in case shine still passes through ...
or someone else has a Reynolds boat, I've started posting Reynolds Mfg . documents - including the parts list and complete setup instructions for the 6m - on a thread in RC groups.com- Boats-Sailboats- Reynolds Mfg. Boats . He made more than just the 12 , so thought a more general location was more appropriate.
If you want(ed) to buy a 12 52 years ago, here's the parts/price list.
jsarey

Previous

Return to Below Deck