Aluminum radio board to re tro fit hull with fixed balast

This section contains discussions on decks, hulls, rudders, ballasts.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Aluminum radio board to re tro fit hull with fixed balast

Postby bigfoot55 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:32 am

Postby kjkavaney » 27 Aug 2014 23:57
Does anyone know who sells an aluminum radio board with carbon rod and turn around pulley that could be retro fitted to a Robin hull with a fixed ballast ?
I can't find off hand who sells such a thing and would like to change out my old gear that if something breaks
I am screwed...I can't get to the sheets and turn arounds..

Kevin, not sure looking at CPM and RMD sites if they would offer a board. You might inquire.
If anyone else has a source please respond here, others will want to know as well.

A couple of locations for how to make one on line, one on our website building resources section. The Model Yachting168 section. http://www.ec12.info/MY/MY168.htm
Tom Phillips
St Augustine, FL
bigfoot55

Re: Aluminum radio board to re tro fit hull with fixed balas

Postby Rick West » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:03 pm

Removable ballast is not needed to craft and assemble a radio board with sheet line boom. The process described on the building site would be the same with no mods; even if there is a bulkhead at station 4 for the old sheet line. The boom can lodged into one corner or the other and will not move if measured to fit with the board secured to the ballast.

I am sure that CPM or RMD can supply the parts or the whole assembly but the boom needs to be cut by the builder for the right fit. The alternative is to slide in the whole thing till it is lodged securely. Mounts vary and for me the slide in and lock at forward end of the board then provide one thumb screw for removal.
...94 [8D]
Pacifica By The Sea
Rick West

Postby kjkavaney » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:56 pm

thanks Guys....I will ask Bob or others about a complete one. please post if you know anyone who has these for sale...I have worked with aluminum before but never seem to get it right..
kevin
kjkavaney

Postby kjkavaney » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:52 pm

HI all Dave Ramos of Chesapeake Performance models was able to provide me with the full aluminum radio board I was asking about...very well made...
Highly recommend David if you need this item...
thanks all.
kevin
kjkavaney

Return to Below Deck