In the beginning

Discussions on the characteristics of the EC12. Yes, it handles different than most R/C Sailboats

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

In the beginning

Postby Boots » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:38 pm

I have recently entered the EC 12 world as more of a diversion. I have a lot of Soling 1 m exerience. I really don't want to pump a lot of money into an old boat until I see if I have time to sail both boats and don't want to give up my soling.I have always made my own sails and been a bit of a nihilist with my soling and my question is this. If I show up in Newport with an old Dumas with a bang bang system in it and using my own sails will I have fun?
Boots

Postby Rick West » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:51 pm

Bob,
Fun is measured in many ways but most often when we get together, it is the people. Generally, Newport is lightly attended and by the hardy. I love it, myself and hoping to be there.

Your boat will show her age and design there. She is tender and will struggle in the seas at Fort Adams. But she will sail and it would be time with her and us. It would be good for us to meet you. Please try to come.

The Motel 6 at the north of town is where most will stay. We always have a gathering for dinner on Saturday night.

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Return to Sailing the EC12