"THE" International Meet

Chat regarding International EC12 operations, country organizations, event gathering and proposed alliances.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

"THE" International Meet

Postby yachtie » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:04 am

Guys
There has been loads of banter and "what if" of late about an international get together.

Some of us down here (and up there) are working BEHIND this arena to sort something out.

All I can say at this stage is, please slow down on the when and why not and can I bring my boat tommorrow![8D]

An announcement from me and others WILL BE PUT OUT LATE APRIL - so PLEASE WAIT TILL THEN when all will be revealed[:D][:D][:D]

Chris
NZL1 Longtack
&
NZL110 Swept Away
yachtie

Postby Legend » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:00 am

Chris that is where a lot of the confusion and dissent arises from when people such as yourself and others appear to have a "hidden agenda" and indulge in backroom discussions with like minded people. Bottom line I along with others who have been following the discussion regarding an "international regatta" say to you it will never happen in anything like the scale you are hoping for. You may get the "odd" Aussie or two visiting the shaky isles coincidentally at the same time as a National Regatta & NZers visa versa. You may also get American skippers visiting and attending the same and you and I would both welcome all but that would be it. Nobody has the time to make the committment to an annual regatta across the globe laudable as it may sound.Personally speaking I belive that we (the EC12 fraternity) should all keep in contact be open & honest extend the hand of invitation to one and all in both our own countries and to any interested other skippers, these invites could be posted on web sites of various interested local & national bodies ie AMYA. Let us not lose sight of what we are really doing and that is to get out on the water and to enjoy ones self sailing the "Rolls Royces" of model yachting in both a friendly & competitive way. With regards to which hull is which, who cares, my understanding is that there is very little difference if any between all current variations and would suggest that if a national association (ie in NZ New Zealand EC12 Owners Association) approves the measurement of and issues a measurement certificate accordingly,end of story.

ROD LIDDY
"LEGEND"
SECRETARY NZEC12 OWNERS ASSOCIATION
Legend

Postby Nautic12 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:21 am

Rod,last time i asked i was told "we only organise the nationals"
if we are to be free and honest and open has that statement changed ?
i commend your valour for stepping into the arena.My self, think we can if properly set up attract good numbers of over seas skips to our shores,nd would be wiling to assist.
bob
Nautic12

Postby boatie » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:26 am

Come on guys, this is all starting to get a little boring to say the <b>least!!</b>
Some of us use to enjoy reading this site, it needs sorting Rick before you lose more[:(!] skippers who enjoyed visiting the site for info on the 12's .
All we see now is the same Few who enjoy seeing there own Posts.

<b>Davie Norris
President
New Zealand EC12 OA</b>[:(!][xx(][:(!]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tosh</i>

Rod,last time i asked i was told "we only organise the nationals"
if we are to be free and honest and open has that statement changed ?
i commend your valour for stepping into the arena.My self, think we can if properly set up attract good numbers of over seas skips to our shores,nd would be wiling to assist.
bob

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
boatie

Postby Nautic12 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:55 pm

Davie,as it was said by the moderater the international chat room,is a place you enter at your own will,please feel welcome.we look forward
to any input you have poitive or not.according to the class sec
we should be open with no hidden agenda,and have a spirit of
friendship among ec12 skips,have a good day
Nautic12

Postby Rick West » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:26 pm

To All:
I am very glad that someone from another authority has finally showed. I have emailed with Mr. Norris and we share the same notions regarding an IEC and I agree with Mr. Liddy's comments above. Because I have been asked here to take an action in regards to this forum, I respond here.

I have stated on this forum my position on an international gathering by an authority or just an excuse for holiday. As early as a few days ago I stated it again for the third time. Incredibly, the very next post was right back to the IEC again with statements about "World's" and "World Champion." It is apparent that some do not want to listen but talk. It does not take a mental giant to understand that no conclusion will arrive here on a open world forum when there are a couple of white monkeys doing most of the talking among a majority of brown monkeys.

I am the head of the EC12 class within the US authority. I manage the class and therefore speak for the class. This is not an autocratic dictatorship, as I respond to the majority of the Class Advisory Committee (CAC). Let me make the current position of this administration CLEAR again to all who have been here for over a month or just arrived. Please READ and UNDERSTAND so there is no question to it’s meaning.

An International Authority:
The US is NOT interested in forming or participating in any discussions toward an IEC. Should we be invited to do so, we would not participate without the following conditions:
1. There was a demonstrated need for such.
2. Discussions are not on an open world forum.
3. Parties to any discussions would be recognized and assigned by a national class authority.
4. Approval of the US EC12 CAC to participate.

A gathering of international EC12 sailors, in the US or abroad:
1. The US would canvass its members for participants to determine interested numbers for the planning group.
2. The purpose of the gathering would be common interest in sailing and vacationing in the host country.
3. This would not be a sanctioned event but one organized and executed by volunteers and functioning outside an authority.
4. There would be no specific specifications or rules regarding boats and rigs other than that of the national authority of the participant.
5. Racing rules would be the Racing Rules of Sailing as administered and current with the International Federation of Sailing.

Politics:
1. This US administration is not interested in the politics of other authorities and has not discussed such here or in private email at any time.
2. The US under this administration has not been in contact with any individual or group in regards to an international gathering for fun or otherwise.
3. Be it very CLEAR that the US is not a party to, or even discussed, any activity that may be eluded to by Chris Harmer above.

The Forum:
Due to major complaints in the US, discussions currently within the International Chat room was moved there from other places on the forum last week. Subjects of these topics will not be allowed outside this room.

Be it understood that 12 Discussions is not a chat forum but one of resource to all interested in the EC12. The International room was segregated because it was operating in subjects and personal demeanor outside of the intended use of 12 Discussions. This was been stated here last week with the hope that reason would prevail by all and return to the common interest of all. A message to all subscribers of EC12Net were informed that the International Chat room was just, a chat room, and if one did not want to participate in the subject and conduct of the room to ignore it and use the rest of the forum for the purpose intended. I suggest the same to all here.

The US will not censor or use any moderation controls, which are available to us; to manipulate, block or alter content in the International Chat room. The US will, however, terminate membershipz to the forum by those that violate common decency or behavior expected of gentlemen in a free forum of speech and expression.

Personal Comment:
I do not know how to make this anymore clear. It has been so before this subject was brought up here and will be for some time. Nonetheless, the conduct of some here, who touted an international status for the EC12 have done more damage to any future effort in possibility than any other issue I have read or discussed. Additionally, it has clearly indicated to those who wanted to attend a non-sanctioned international gathering that it may not be as harmonious as dreamed. It should also clearly be evident that white monkeys should find a means to color themselves brown or move to the other side of the global village.

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Postby boatie » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:08 pm

Thanks Rick,

As the Head of the EC12 Class here in New Zealand I ( we ) thank you for your above posting.
I just wish there was as much interest in getting boats to the lake side as there has been on the International Topic.
Lets hope your comments have been read this time and understood.[:p]

Regards
Davie Norris [:)][:I][;)][:)]
President New Zealand EC 12 Owners Association

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Rick West</i>

To All:
I am very glad that someone from another authority has finally showed. I have emailed with Mr. Norris and we share the same notions regarding an IEC and I agree with Mr. Liddy's comments above. Because I have been asked here to take an action in regards to this forum, I respond here.

I have stated on this forum my position on an international gathering by an authority or just an excuse for holiday. As early as a few days ago I stated it again for the third time. Incredibly, the very next post was right back to the IEC again with statements about "World's" and "World Champion." It is apparent that some do not want to listen but talk. It does not take a mental giant to understand that no conclusion will arrive here on a open world forum when there are a couple of white monkeys doing most of the talking among a majority of brown monkeys.

I am the head of the EC12 class within the US authority. I manage the class and therefore speak for the class. This is not an autocratic dictatorship, as I respond to the majority of the Class Advisory Committee (CAC). Let me make the current position of this administration CLEAR again to all who have been here for over a month or just arrived. Please READ and UNDERSTAND so there is no question to it’s meaning.

An International Authority:
The US is NOT interested in forming or participating in any discussions toward an IEC. Should we be invited to do so, we would not participate without the following conditions:
1. There was a demonstrated need for such.
2. Discussions are not on an open world forum.
3. Parties to any discussions would be recognized and assigned by a national class authority.
4. Approval of the US EC12 CAC to participate.

A gathering of international EC12 sailors, in the US or abroad:
1. The US would canvass its members for participants to determine interested numbers for the planning group.
2. The purpose of the gathering would be common interest in sailing and vacationing in the host country.
3. This would not be a sanctioned event but one organized and executed by volunteers and functioning outside an authority.
4. There would be no specific specifications or rules regarding boats and rigs other than that of the national authority of the participant.
5. Racing rules would be the Racing Rules of Sailing as administered and current with the International Federation of Sailing.

Politics:
1. This US administration is not interested in the politics of other authorities and has not discussed such here or in private email at any time.
2. The US under this administration has not been in contact with any individual or group in regards to an international gathering for fun or otherwise.
3. Be it very CLEAR that the US is not a party to, or even discussed, any activity that may be eluded to by Chris Harmer above.

The Forum:
Due to major complaints in the US, discussions currently within the International Chat room was moved there from other places on the forum last week. Subjects of these topics will not be allowed outside this room.

Be it understood that 12 Discussions is not a chat forum but one of resource to all interested in the EC12. The International room was segregated because it was operating in subjects and personal demeanor outside of the intended use of 12 Discussions. This was been stated here last week with the hope that reason would prevail by all and return to the common interest of all. A message to all subscribers of EC12Net were informed that the International Chat room was just, a chat room, and if one did not want to participate in the subject and conduct of the room to ignore it and use the rest of the forum for the purpose intended. I suggest the same to all here.

The US will not censor or use any moderation controls, which are available to us; to manipulate, block or alter content in the International Chat room. The US will, however, terminate membershipz to the forum by those that violate common decency or behavior expected of gentlemen in a free forum of speech and expression.

Personal Comment:
I do not know how to make this anymore clear. It has been so before this subject was brought up here and will be for some time. Nonetheless, the conduct of some here, who touted an international status for the EC12 have done more damage to any future effort in possibility than any other issue I have read or discussed. Additionally, it has clearly indicated to those who wanted to attend a non-sanctioned international gathering that it may not be as harmonious as dreamed. It should also clearly be evident that white monkeys should find a means to color themselves brown or move to the other side of the global village.

...94 [8D]
boatie

Postby Nautic12 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:13 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Rick West</i>

2. The Forum:

Nautic12

Postby Nautic12 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:33 pm

rick,in view of your recent post in reply to Davie Norris
i gather you have a dislike of monkeys ?be they white or brown
maybe you jest ? refurng in a broad sense to participents in the forum as white/brown monkeys falls foul of conduct among gentlemen
does it not ?was not your first space person a monkey!!
Nautic12

Postby Rick West » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:50 pm

Bob,
There was no jest intended. The analogy will be understood by nearly all to be what it is, an analogy.

It was not my space program and rocket or I would have not used a monkey. May I forward you name as volunteer to NASA for the first firing of a space born vehicle test for a faster than light warp drive?

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Postby Nautic12 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:18 pm

Rick,you may do that,i may have to modify my travel box for the ec12<font color="brown">
i do not think it would stand up to the re entry,i do hope you had a re entry planed ??</font id="brown">
Nautic12

Postby Nautic12 » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:27 pm

Headlines year 3264 Rick West sponsored space flight returns
to earth.discussion still continues on the Iec12.
[:D][:D][:D]
Nautic12

Postby Larry Ludwig » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:29 am

Rick, Thanks for taking the time to post, I hope that it will be absorbed sometime in the future. I totally agree, and the point most taken is any desire that I might have had to see this actually work out has long since vanished.

The only way that I could see any hope of this coming to fruition would have been if the membership here was willing to participate in fund raising events as a class to help subsidize a small group of top finishing skippers that would make the trip abroad <i>where ever that might be</i> but after hearing the minority dictate and demand I don't see how that plan could ever develop.

Still, I suppose that there are so many other countries which have not been heard from particularly in Europe where the Cup will certainly have a major amount of media in the coming year that something might come from that and from starting groups that have no boats at all. That would certainly be an easier fit.

We already see routinely skippers going between US and UK for other classes, so it might just happen there first and spread elsewhere.
Larry Ludwig

Postby Nautic12 » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:03 pm

larry,whats this "minority dictate and demand "have i missd some thing ? if its a sensitive subject,us email
bob
Nautic12

Postby Legend » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:54 pm

Fear not people Bob's (TOSH) keyboard will disintergrate soon through overuse thankgoodness for the disposable society.

LEGEND
Legend

Next

Return to EC12 - International Chat