The Prime String - A New Beginning

Chat regarding International EC12 operations, country organizations, event gathering and proposed alliances.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

The Prime String - A New Beginning

Postby Rick West » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:45 pm

To All,
All of the topics related to this category have been moved here as they were. This has been done in the interest to the prime use of this forum as a resource for EC12 owners in building and equipment information. It was never intended to be a place of political views, hypothetical class function, policy management, international class views and a myriad of other things we wish to escape through recreation in a hobby. Sometimes the intent of personalities did not survive the written word and there were complaints that behavior was outside of our normal friendly processes.

Nonetheless, the topics have been prolific, interesting to some and regardless of personality perceptions, it was not wanted to censor or enact other Moderator controls in a heavy-handed way. In this category by itself, and we will keep it here, it is apart from the rest for those that choose not to enter. We are fortunate to have wonderful freedoms and thusly live in a society of active and disruptive disagreements that somehow worm to resolve, dedication and a spirit unique to democracy. If we can accept this and the common bond we have in sailing, lets begin again.

The current US administration has not discussed nor seems interested in what ifs of an International EC12 class through a chat forum. It would seem that the old tiresome process of study toward finding a need by a body of representatives from national authorities would be the formal approach. I have seen nothing indicating a commitment toward such an effort. However, it was stated over a month ago that an international gathering of interested sailors and vacationers would be a great event and one that such seeds could grow. There is nothing like sitting on the veranda and getting to know people through direct talk. That is where it stands right now after three mentions here. There are about six in the US and one in the UK that have indicated they are interested and New Zealand is aware of this where the talk began several years ago. It has also been recently suggested that the first be in the US. That would be fine too. This could be sailed with boats legal to the individual’s national authority. It is the purpose of the gathering not the protest hearings that are important. Some say 80% of the result is at the helm. I am open to suggestions but before all this, there needs to be commitment with serious players up front rather than some exercise toward physiological gratification.

This is where it began on 1/25/05.

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Postby Nautic12 » Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:29 am

Rick,sounds good to me,here in NZ every place we go to is international,as the first link in the ec12/Iec12 chain i was suprised at how long it grew,must have touched a cord with a few people,living in NZ we are quite used to our pals across the water(AUS)popping across for our 1m &rm sailing comps and of course the other direction too.I did not see big issues with the ec12s doing the same,and of course further afield.If the skips in the USA/England
Aus would like to discuss this further i would be happy to take part.
Nautic12

Return to EC12 - International Chat