paul stole the ball

Chat regarding International EC12 operations, country organizations, event gathering and proposed alliances.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

paul stole the ball

Postby Nautic12 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:48 pm

yes paul,that chain was getting a bit long,you hinted at other areas for discussion ?[?][?][?]
Nautic12

Postby Stephen Crewes » Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:48 am

Well Tosh whats it going to be? An indepth discussion on the boot top line on a EC12s or perhaps asking you if you use a squash ball on the point of the bow or the pointy end?
Stephen Crewes

Postby Stephen Crewes » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:49 am

Tosh, I don't like this, Your last reply on 'show your colours' about iron- on badges didn't get a reply since 28/2, here it is the 5/3.Do you think they have all left and didn't turn out the lights?

As you can see Paul this is riveting stuff. What I would really like to talk about , discuss, would be future developments to the EC12 boat, Seriously. For we(collectively) are playing around the edges of this and maybe , with the things that are on the horizon of this sport are going to make a difference. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to use these new things with our favourite boat?
Stephen Crewes

Postby Capt. Flak » Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:55 am

Treasure and Tosh,

I think you two have lost sight of the intent of this discussion site. It was never intended to be a chat room. It is meant to be an information resource for the sharing of things related to the EC12. The original discussion on the International EC12 was valid and important, but some how it went astray and so Paul, rightly so, pulled the plug.

Now you have simply started a new string. At least Tosh asked a vaild question, but Treasure your post comes off simply as a challenge to the Host.

I really think you should take a breather before Paul pulls the plug on your access.

I am probably out of place on this comment, but I feel we need to get back to the reason for this site.

By the way guys, I really do appreciate your enthusiasm for the class. That much is clear in your posts.

Thanks

Joe Walter #24
Capt. Flak

Postby Stephen Crewes » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:28 pm

Well Captn I bow to your knowledge. Maybe you can start on this dicussion for I was looking for a discussion on something?
Stephen Crewes

Postby Stephen Crewes » Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:34 pm

Why don't I just take a powder. Adios
Stephen Crewes

Postby Stephen Crewes » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:12 pm

Pulling the access or not pulling the access doesn't matter . For talking about Squash balls on EC12s is a valid topic in EC12ing in our countries, for in our higher winds (up to 40 knots) a EC12 can do REAL damage to another boat. And if your wondering about 40 knots , it was 42 knots to be exact. Before the plug is pulled on me I would mention a "T" cut in the squash ball be made to slip over the point at the bow. No glue is needed.
Stephen Crewes

Postby Nautic12 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:39 pm

<font color="red">may i join this chain at a slight angle,a while ago i asked about bow bumpers?thank you for those that give an opinion.is my understanding of the rules to rigid ?is not adding anything to alter the profile of the boat a no no ???</font id="red">[?][?]
Nautic12

Postby Larry Ludwig » Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:13 am

You are correct. As it stands right now, if you show up with an appendage at a serious regatta, expect to be politely asked to remove it.

We have winds up here as well, I went to Texas Tech University and later became a professional pilot. I took off one Sunny Spring afternoon carrying two of the Texas Tech board of Regent members, as the FAA Tower was closing. The winds were 70 kts gusting 90 kts. I believe it was one of the shortest take off rolls ever.
Larry Ludwig

Postby Stephen Crewes » Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:42 pm

Well Captn' Flak where's the relevants in Uncle Larry's Posting?
Stephen Crewes

Postby Stephen Crewes » Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:02 am

Paul What is 'after purchase Ballasting' and what advantages does it hold for the ordinary Guy?
Stephen Crewes

Return to EC12 - International Chat