After the Morgan Black

Chat regarding International EC12 operations, country organizations, event gathering and proposed alliances.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

After the Morgan Black

Postby yachtie » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:05 pm

Hi all

After the October event myself and Brian Hogg plan on doing a little side trip down to Florida and seek some advice from you locals please re rental vehicles.

Planning needs to be undertaken now as it is only 6 months away - not long in reality.

As we need to rent an SUV or similar so we can lug the boats along with us, can we please get some pointers re vehicle rentals and the myriad of extras the websites all have like Loss Damage Waivers, Personal Protection, Personal Liabilty insurances etc etc. Basically what is needed to be sure in the US?

The plan is we rent from Charleston on 11 Oct and dump at Orlando Airport 16 Oct as that is where flights back are booked from already.

Thanks for any advice/pointers we can get.

Chris
NZL1 Longtack
NZL110 Swept Away NZL128 Ketch me if U Can
yachtie

Postby greerdr » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:00 am

Often your credit card and/or car insurance at home cover much of those bothersome add-ons.Check your AX card.

R.C.Greer
greerdr

Postby kahle67 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:33 am

Chris,

I see you will depart from Orlando but if anyone is coming and going from Charleston and would like some storage space for a few days, I have a warehouse and a few cargo vans. Also, if anyone needs boats picked up from anywhere, let me know.

Reichard Kahle
Charleston, SC
kahle67

Postby yachtie » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:19 pm

Transport to Orlando after the event.

Hi all - only 9 weeks to go - ya hoo can't wait.

Help query please. Peter Morris from Australia departs from Orlando on Monday 12 October and needs to be at he airport there by 1600hrs that day. Is there any one travelling south that can help with transport for him and his boat[?]

Travel to the event is covered - just the return is sticky at this point.

Cheers

Chris
NZL1 Longtack
yachtie

Postby jack wubbe » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:51 pm

Chris:

Getting Peter to Orlando should not be a problem. Mary Ellen and I will be heading home to Naples FL on Sunday Oct. 11 and would be glad to drive Peter, his boat and whatever else to Orlando.

Jack Wubbe
US 23
jack wubbe

Postby yachtie » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:03 pm

Appreciated jack - details firmed up when we are in Charleston but the lift accepted [;)]

Chris
NZL1 Longtack
yachtie

Return to EC12 - International Chat