Where are the rules?

Chat regarding International EC12 operations, country organizations, event gathering and proposed alliances.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Postby Larry Ludwig » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:04 pm

I saw an ad two days ago for roundtrip from LAX to SYD for $1,000 and included 3 legs on local airlines to get you where you needed to go once you were there. I think it could be done well under the $5,000 mark, although that would be a very nice trip with all the bells and whistles. The time table Treasure provides is spot on. My longest single leg as a crew member was Dallas to Tokyo Narita and it was exactly 14 hours and 1 minute. 3 movies, a nap 2 meals and you are there. Still a sizeable amount of money, but not all that bad if you have 2 years to plan for and hide the money.
Larry Ludwig

Postby Stephen Crewes » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:32 pm

Larry didn't get "the 2 years in the planning or hiding the loot"?
Stephen Crewes

Postby Larry Ludwig » Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:24 am

assuming a rotating schedule, you would have probably at least 2 years between hosting and travelling, so... consequently 2 years to plan the trip and hide away the money from yourself or any other family partners to pay for it.
Larry Ludwig

Postby Stephen Crewes » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:04 am

Yeah Larry thats a thought. 2 years sounds kinda close though. considering all things, 5 years sounds better, because if they are kinda close people will probably think they can miss a few and go to one 'down the track' . Whereas if it is a one off special once every five years it becomes like a World gathering or EC12 conference type of thing. Where we not only chin -wag but race, do stuff together etc.So it is a special event to plan for , for the troops to look forward too. That lots of EC12s can alure too. That one can save for.
Stephen Crewes

Postby kermwood » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:27 pm

Hmm Not sure what life expectancy is of a 12 skipper,but five years between meetings does not give much hope of greeting friends made at the last meeting!Sorry treasure have to go with Larrys two year turnround.
Woody
kermwood

Postby Larry Ludwig » Fri Mar 18, 2005 10:41 pm

I just thought that every couple of years might be something that those who are prone to the travel would consider. I don't think that the WORLD championship.... should it ever come to that.... would be held that often. 4 years should be good for that.... but somnething akin to a Nationals might be attended by some dedicated souls that can make the trip.
Larry Ludwig

Previous

Return to EC12 - International Chat