Live and On-Board

This is for those that like chat room doings that are not related directly to the sharing of information regarding the hobby/recreational interests in the EC12.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Live and On-Board

Postby PaulP » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:14 pm

Julian Croxall put a camera on the transom of a CR914 and filmed a race as the crew would see it. This is really interesting, really shows the scale effect of our boats.

I know this isn't an EC12 but it is appropriate to what we do. Follow the hyperlink to YouTube to watch the video (with sound!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCTf4V0CA1w

The only thing missing is the sound of the crews hollering at each other. They get a little closer than maybe you should

Paul
PaulP

Postby Capt. Flak » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:31 am

I saw this on Sailing Anarchy. The boat does not handle the wind well. I wonder if the camera was making the boat take on so much water. There was a lot on bumping too at the marks.

Baron Bremer in our club got a waterproof mini camera for Christmas. He is building a mount for it to put on his 12. The whole thing is about the size of a Mini Maglight Flashlight. I don't know if it has sound.

Joe Walter #24
Capt. Flak

Postby DBrawner » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:36 am

That is so cool. The starboard wheel went away during the race.

DB
DBrawner

Postby s vernon » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:46 am

At about the 2:30 to 3:15 minute mark the camera boat does not respond to a luff and you watch as the two boats on her starboard side tangle mast tops and the camera boat finally pushes clear of them and keeps going. You could not script that stuff. humor

Scott
s vernon

Postby Capt. Flak » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:14 pm

Baron mounted his camera on his boat and sailed for 2 hour collecting footage. The problem is that he does not have the editing abilities to make a video to put up on You Tube.

We will see what we can to to make it happen. In the mean time, he posted some still shots in the link above.

Joe Walter #24
Capt. Flak

Return to EC12 Chat