AMYA Region 3 split proposed.

This is for those that like chat room doings that are not related directly to the sharing of information regarding the hobby/recreational interests in the EC12.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

AMYA Region 3 split proposed.

Postby bigfoot55 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:06 pm

After looking at the data in the back of Fall Model Yachting, I inquired if those numbers reflected total AMYA MEMBERS by regions. (Please note this has nothing to do with the EC12 class per se). Region 3 has a little over 28% of the total membership. Representation by region is disproportionate.

The numbers correspond, so I have proposed a split of Florida into a new REGION 7. This requires approval by the Board of Directors in order to go on the ballot in March. Region 3 Director Jack Wubbe has supported the motion.
I have posted and discussion has started on the AMYA Forum if you would like to check it out.

Tom PHillips
bigfoot55

Postby Rick West » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Tom,
This has been needed for a long time. It was suggested about 10 years ago or so. It never went anywhere but there was talk for a complete overhaul of the region distribution. While I just heard Buzek comment that it was dropped because they would not find enough Directors. I disagree but the inside rumor was added cost to the Association administratively and holding a travel location BOD meeting every four years. It is true the latter would be expensive but with today's media capability we do not need eyeball meetings.

I support a Region 7, as you know and acted for the Class till reason and business caught up. Having said this, if added costs can be determined I could not support it if we are in a deficit budget position. The members do not know this status.

I encourage you to move ahead for comments.

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Postby bigfoot55 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:03 am

This is a good example of what the AMYA Forum should be useful for. Nothing happens though unless the BOD wants to support it. One could always find a reason to avoid or delay(currently at 10 years?), but I would hope the BOD will step up to the plate. It is not a perfect solution.
If anyone has an opinion, share it with your Region Director or post it on the AMYA forum site. The deadline for action fast approaches for another yeat of delay.
bigfoot55

Postby greerdr » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:58 pm

Let's move forward on this.Jack Wubbe,as R3D, is supportive and who should/must make the motion for it to be on the next balot?

R.C.Greer
greerdr

Postby Rick West » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:34 pm

Has anyone filed a motion? Tom...Jack?

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Postby jack wubbe » Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:04 pm

Not yet. We had to get comments from the BoD first and that portion is done. A motion should be filed next week.
Jack
jack wubbe

Postby bigfoot55 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:52 pm

The motion and seconds have been submitted to the Ex Sec by Jack Wubbe.. There has been no word from the BOD who have to approve it to go on the ballot.
bigfoot55

Postby bigfoot55 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:01 am

MOTION AND SUBSTITUTE MOTION BOTH DEGEATED

There were two motions presented, the one I made(01) and another that would also address region 6(02) . I was not consulted to see if I would join with the substitue which I would gladly have done.
As stated on the AMYA web page the Regions are divised to be 'roughly representatie' of the membership. They are not, have not been for some time and it is time for the board to address the problem.
I understand the vote was as follows. Note one regional director did not cast a vote.
I hope there will be an explanation of this inaction by the board. i look forward to hearing it.

0I 02
Pres N N
VP N N
TR N Y
RD1 NO VOTES Received
RD2 N Y
RD3 N Y
RD4 N N
RD5 N N
RD6 N N

Both motions were defeated.

OK board, you do not like these motions, I expect to see your motion on the ballot. .
bigfoot55

Postby Rick West » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:53 pm

I am sorry, Tom. The effort was a good thing in representation in the AMYA. Without full disclosure to all the Directors, the position of the AMYA presents the closed operations of the AMYA we have seem. This needs to be changed. The AMYA does have the means for full disclosure of BOD operations and is responsible to do so to the membership.

I think there is something seriously wrong with the Association and this we will not known either till it cannot be avoided.

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Return to EC12 Chat