What Hull

This is for those that like chat room doings that are not related directly to the sharing of information regarding the hobby/recreational interests in the EC12.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

What Hull

Postby kermwood » Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:18 pm

Hi new to EC 12s and web site so bear with me
l am looking to buy a new hull but which one?
Are they all the same build quality?
Do they all perform the same ?
Good or bad points
Any info would be gratefully recived

thanks
kermwood

Postby Doug Wotring » Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:12 pm

Lets see.

Hartman, Hickman,IFG, Robin yachts, as well as a new one that should be in production shortly as I understand it.

I just purchased my first Hull at the end of last season.... just about ready to hit the water for sea trials.

My Opinion......Variations in price. Variations in quality. Variation in performance most likely due to thumbs of skipper or the builders work as well as tuning.

keep in mind a cheap boat is a cheap boat for a reason. Not to say a cheap boat can't be fixed to the level of a more expensive one..... just takes time and work
Doug Wotring

Postby greerdr » Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:59 pm

I would agree.If you are not pretty skilled as a builder you might consider buying a used boat.The expense of building "de novo" can really mount up.A must is the EC-12 Manual by Ragged Symetry.It is essential as is the building site (especially the electronic checklist) put up by Delta elsewhere on the web-site.I just completed a Hartman hull..it was fun but a whole lotta hours of work. I am really looking forward to a Dudinsky hull hitting the streets.I think the class secretary is evaluating this hull now and production should begin soon if all goes well.

R.C.Greer
greerdr

Postby kahle67 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:53 pm

It's hard to beat the quality of a hull from Robin Yachts. Plus Skip Allen is one hell of a nice guy. You can win Regattas with any of the hulls mentioned above, though.

RK
kahle67

Return to EC12 Chat