Happy Holiday-Merry Christmas

This is for those that like chat room doings that are not related directly to the sharing of information regarding the hobby/recreational interests in the EC12.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Happy Holiday-Merry Christmas

Postby Rick West » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:07 pm

[:)]
It is the season of cheer and hope family and friends. To all of you the best during this time and for a happy and prosperous New Year.

It is not always sunny in Northern California. Our temperatures run in the mid 50s to the low 40s and it is the rainy season till April. The ocean rages at time like an angry sea would look and the streets are covered with pine needles. My Yukon is trashed for the three black children still get there walks twice a day. There will be a heavy sigh when I show up at the detail shop in March and I will be a lot lighter in the pocket.

There is a spirit here with bow ribbons in the rear windows of cars and a wreath tied to the grill. There is even politeness vying for the few parking places at the PO (they are exempt from city parking codes). UPS and FedEx are so busy the children can’t sit in our secluded street to beg treats from neighbors. The internet is alive while the malls are less crowded and sales help is vacant and there are hiring signs everywhere. If you cannot find it on the shelves there is little profit waiting to ask. We have XM now and there is Christmas music all over and in any style and the dogs on the trail at Mori Point beside the ocean all have bright colored kerchiefs. It is the spirit that counts.

There is freshness in the air from the Aleutian fronts moving through Pacifica By The Sea. There are smiles in town along the brightly colored lights of the shops and businesses. It is a good time of year and the pause allows time in the shop and I am pleased with new creations, sharing information and looking forward to a long drive in the spring. There is a winter in San Francisco and we revel in the change for it is the season.

Merry Christmas and a hearty HO-HO-HO.[;)]

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Postby yachtie » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:20 am

From New Zealand where the sun is shining, the temperatures are up and the earth has been shaking this week I wish one and all a very Merry Christams and Happy New Year.

Beware of low flying reinder, early mornings to those of you like me with young kids, and the occasional or more hangover.

Have a great time folks

All the best.

Chris
NZL1 Longtack
NZL110 Swept Away NZL128 Ketch me if U Can
yachtie

Return to EC12 Chat