St Pete Regatta

This is for those that like chat room doings that are not related directly to the sharing of information regarding the hobby/recreational interests in the EC12.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

St Pete Regatta

Postby fvracer1 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:26 pm

Just got off the phone with Earl Mills and found out the regatta is full. I asked to be put on the "waiting list" along with Ole K. If you are planning on going and not registered, I'd suggest you contact Earl.......

Frank Vella

"When the cannon fires, harden up, tack or get out of my way"
fvracer1

Postby greerdr » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:44 am

A testament to how popular these Fl regattas are when water everywhere else is HARD.
Register early so we can get practice vs the other good sailors.
Please do recall how many drop-outs we had @ palm Beach, (5) ,so DO get on the wait list.
Hope to see you there Frank.

R.C.Greer
greerdr

Postby Capt. Flak » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:46 pm

Frank,

I am really sorry that you and Ole missed out, but I am glad you are on the waiting list. Things happen were people have to drop out, so there is still a good chance you can sail.

Unfortunately we are going to see this be the case for the future. We just don't have too many lakes like Charleston where we can put 20 boats on the line. And going to three fleets for a day and half event is not a popular idea for most of us. When we spend the money to travel to a regatta we hope to sail as much as we can, so limiting the entries is the only way to go.

We welcome everyone to sail with us down here in the Sunshine State, but you are going to have to be quick on the draw now. It is a good problem to have, I guess.[8D]

Joe Walter #24
Capt. Flak

Return to EC12 Chat