For Florida EC12 Association members only

This is for those that like chat room doings that are not related directly to the sharing of information regarding the hobby/recreational interests in the EC12.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Postby jrflorida » Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:06 pm

Winston, so nice of you to write! Just so we are talking about the same thing, let me quote:
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><u>The schedule shall be posted on the class website before the end of the calendar year, as organizers are able to submit their information. Posted regattas shall be open to all class members and should not be scheduled to conflict with another event where possible.</u><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Also: <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><u>Multiple fleet racing (more than 14 total regatta entries) shall complete at least eight (8) races.</u><hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
And finally: <u> <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">These are class policies and therefore, subject to change as situations dictate. This administration will attempt to consider the spirit of the policies and discuss such changes with those involved.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></u>
Now, I have asked Joe about the setup of the fleets, and he says that prior to The Regatta, a list of all the entries to The Regatta will be submitted to him and he will rank them according to their race record and the Race Director will split The Regatta entries into two fleets with the odd boat in the A fleet.

I think that this means we have a single regatta with multiple fleets. This seems to meet the stipulations set forth above. If the fleet does not feel that we are meeting the particular specifications, we can apparently ask our Secretary and his advisors for a change of the policy, although in my non sea lawyer reading of it all, I think we are ok.

Winston, thanks for your patience on this!

John Rowley
jrflorida

Postby john bottensek » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:53 pm

I feel that the intent of the proposed system was made in good faith as a method to keep our skippers not only attending our regattas, but having more fun while participating. As far as I'm concerned no other agenda was at issue. I will give it a chance. Hopefully our regatta turnouts will increase as a result of this effort.
John Bottensek
john bottensek

Postby Dave Thinel » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:03 pm

Hats off to Joe Walter for all the hard work over the years and specifically with trying to resolve this issue the best way possible, by a vote of the members.
Before I forget, Gene that apology was great, not alot of guys would have done that. Nice going.
Whichever way this turns out it will have been decided the best possible way, by those who partipate in the regattas. If we experience some pitfalls with it I'm sure they will be addressed. One thing is certain, there is no perfect solution, they ALL have drawbacks and not everyone will be happy. Hopefully most or all will be satisfied with the process, if not the result.
Dave Thinel

Postby Capt. Flak » Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:27 am

The results of the vote have been posted on the Florida EC-12 Association Web site at http://www.floridaec12.com/vote.html

I want to thank Bill Gale for thinking this idea up and also John Bottensek, Doug Bowe, and Earl Mills on my Advisory Committee for the thoughful advice on this matter, and to John Rowley for playing Devil's Advocate for me. I want to thank everyone who posted here with there comments both for and against this proposal. It shows that you all care very much for the Class and the Florida Association.

The result of the vote was overwhelmingly in favor of the proposal, and so we will put it to the test at our regattas in Florida.

I want everyone outside of Florida to know that this system addresses issues we have had here in Florida with our members, but it in no way restricts anyone from coming down and sailing with us. All Florida EC-12 Association regattas are open to all EC-12 owners around the Country and outside the US.

I feel this new Two Fleet system won't restrict anyone from competing at the top of the fleet and it will reward the efforts of those at the back of the fleet as they work to improve their skills. It is hoped that it will bring more skippers to the lake and make the event more enjoyable for all. Time will tell if it will succeed. But for now the majority have spoken and we will try it out.

Joe Walter #24
Capt. Flak

Postby greerdr » Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:42 pm

And PLEASE consider comming down to Palm Beach Gardens,Fl. for the Region 3 Regatta to be held 3,4 Feb.2006.We will be sailing a EROS/PR format and you can shake off some of that horrible icy cold weather.We enjoyed having a GREAT group last year and have hopes of another great regatta this time.See the fl EC-12 web-site regatta section to enter.
Bob Greer
Co-Race Director

R.C.Greer
greerdr

Postby Capt. Flak » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:46 am

To All:

The Palm Beach Gardens club has been offered the role of Region 3 host, but so has another Florida club and it has not been made official yet by the Class Secretary.

I am sorry for any confusion I may have given to Bob and his team.

Rick West has the final say in where the Region 3 Championship regatta will be. If PBG is approved, it will be posted on the regatta schedule page as well as the Florida EC-12 site.

In the meant time, don't let this news stop you from coming down to a great regatta at a wonderful venue. The PBG club does a fantastic job hosting their events and you cannot ask for a better site or a more gracious bunch of folks.

Joe Walter,
Chairman, Florida EC-12 Association

Joe Walter #24
Capt. Flak

Postby greerdr » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:25 pm

OOPS!Sorry for the premature missive.
I thought it was a done deal that we were the hosts for region 3.Please accept my humble apology but DO consider comming down because are are going to have A regatta and it is going to be warmer here than almost anywhere else in the country the 4th & 5th of February.

R.C.Greer
greerdr

Previous

Return to EC12 Chat