Sponsor a Skipper ?

This is for those that like chat room doings that are not related directly to the sharing of information regarding the hobby/recreational interests in the EC12.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Postby Capt. Flak » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:05 am

America has enough problems with its image abroad. Can you imagine what they will say about us when they see our best all dressed in PINK!

OK, I will give $10 to see the look on their faces down under.[:I]

Joe Walter #24
Capt. Flak

Postby PegLeg » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:21 pm

Gentlemen,

I hate to mention it: but, since the class secretary does not support this as a class sponsored activity, I believe this should be continued in the international chat room. But before moving, there are a few comments to be made.

First, I do believe we should subsudize our best and brightest stars to represent the US in the proposed event. Last time I looked, our guys would party with the best of the "World Class" Sailors. Even with a big hangover they are as competitive as they come. Thus with some creative sponsoring the best of both worlds could truly enjoyed by more than just a chosen few.

Second; I will pledge $25.00 to support any (or all) of the top five (5) finishers in the 2005 nationals who do go "Down Under" to enjoy a great time with our friends where ever they may come from.

As the idea originator, I hope that Larry Ludwig would accept the unofficial capacity as fund coordinator.

[}:)]
PegLeg

Postby PegLeg » Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:34 pm

To Woody and others who may have been offended by my posting.

I certainly do appologize for any "insult" that you may have felt. My sole interest was and is in trying to make the trip affordable for those who might otherwise not be able to attend. Please accept this as a positive appology and get on with sending the best we can.

The offensive reply has been edited to reflect my feelings.
[:(]
PegLeg

Postby Nautic12 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:53 pm

kermwod boat nzl 119 if not sold by then is yours to sail
Nautic12

Postby Gene Rosson » Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:36 pm

Chris; Thanks loads for your generous offer. I'll look forward to meeting you next year. Possibly "having a go" just for fun. Meanwhile if you find yourself in the US you will have command of #1848. Its a more than adequate boat that some say is good looking too. I'm thinking there are quite a few of us who would gladly duplicate my offer. In any case I look forward to visiting Gods' own territory.

I once had an Aussie employee who regaled me with descriptions of a staple they call Vegamite. Are those Kiwi sandwiches made of that stuff ? Beet root burgers ? Hmmm ! I think there is much for me to learn.

Regards
Gene Rosson

Postby yachtie » Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:12 pm

Gene - I think you're looking actually for VEGEMITE or MARMITE.

This downunder delicacy is a yeast extract spread that is an aquired taste - not unlike caviar!! However for those that do come I am sure bewteen us we can arrange for you ALL to try it - kids generally love it[:D] and some adults think [xx(]

Chris
NZL1 Longtack
&
NZL110 Swept Away
yachtie

Postby Philip Whitley » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:59 am

A hot piece of toast, big glob of butter, and a generous nit of marmite or vegemite, mmmm [;)]
Philip Whitley

Previous

Return to EC12 Chat