2005 Nationals - Disneyworld

This is for those that like chat room doings that are not related directly to the sharing of information regarding the hobby/recreational interests in the EC12.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

2005 Nationals - Disneyworld

Postby skip241 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:59 am

What a great regatta!!! [:D][:D][:D]

Hats off to all of you who planned, organized and managed a super Nationals this year. Joe Walter, Rick West, Merrilee West, Frank Angel, Linda Angel, Kent Farnell, Jarl Wathne and David Brawner. All of you did a marvelous job controling both the event and its participants.

Great stories will come from this gathering. Too many to bring to the surface here.

Besides, this is a thank you to all of you once again. [;)]

Way to go!!!

Skip Allen, Atlanta
skip241

Postby deafsail » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:12 pm

thumbs up [:o)] Great national ec12 and disneyworld
deafsail

Postby Larry Ludwig » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:07 pm

If the stories don't appear here... where will they appear? I have not seen anything other than the scoresheet for the fleet racing and the listing for the match racing that went as far as the finals and the pairing for 3rd and 4th. Is it listed somewhere else that I have missed?

visit us at www.LudwigRCYachts.com
Larry Ludwig

Postby bodacious » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:15 pm

I think that there will be FULL reports on both the EC12 site and the Fla Assoc. site...It just takes a little time to get all the info put together and published. I know for a fact that unless Joe Walter wants to sleep on the couch.... he needs to spend some time with his wife and daughters ....... Am I right on this , Capt. Flak? DB[:)]
bodacious

Postby kahle67 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:58 pm

A handful were staying around after the event for a few days to visit the attractions with family, including Joe. Rick West is probably still driving all of his gear back to the west coast for the winter. Everyone else are most likely catching their breath...it was a long week and a GOOD time was had by all.

Reports will be up soon.

Reichard Kahle

oops! I can't spell
kahle67

Postby Capt. Flak » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:07 pm

I appreciate all the great comments about the Nationals at WDW. I was very pleased with how it all turned out. Doug and Reichard are both correct. The full report will be coming soon.

The internet has spoiled all of us.[:D] We expect things instantly now.

I have only been home for two days and I have not even done my laundry from the trip yet. I had to return the chase boat and the trailer last night before my neighbors complained, AGAIN! My wife calls herself the "EC-12 Widow."

Paul Proefrock is in the process of sending me photos to post with the report. I hope to have it posted by the end of the week.

Breath folks. and thanks.

Joe Walter #24
Capt. Flak

Postby Rick West » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:54 pm

Joe Walter will be making the reports as the host. Like all of us there are other things to do and likely why the match racing winners were not posted in order.

<center>Kahle 1st, Rowland 2nd, Kelter 3rd and Rinehart 4th</center>
<div align="left"></div id="left">It might be noted that Gerhard Kelter and Mark Rinehart, in an act of sportsmanship, swapped boats for the final event. Gerhard is now looking for a 95 Standard to replace is Jordin...would be my guess.

The administration will be getting back to normal about the 14th.

On the road in Atlanta...

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Postby kermwood » Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:04 pm

Having only just returned home from the states today l would just like to adds my thanks to all those who made this regatta the show piece that is was.everything you could think of that was needed to make this event a success had been done right down to ice cold drinks all day for keeping all the skippers cool.[8D]
Great job guys you should be very proud of a first class job.
l would like to also add my thanks to everyone for making my wife and l very welcome it was nice to put faces to the names and see how you build / sail your boats.my only regret was not giving you more of a challange ( l was told l was too polite on the water okay then No more mister nice guy watch out next time guys [}:)] )
l am going to have a word with GB to see if he can build me a "engine" to take you on with.[:D]
Woody
kermwood

Return to EC12 Chat