International Championship

This is for those that like chat room doings that are not related directly to the sharing of information regarding the hobby/recreational interests in the EC12.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

International Championship

Postby Philip Whitley » Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:19 am

To all skippers,

Im all for an International Championship in 2005[:0]

What about New Zealand, big bangs for your dollar and of course the only country in the world that has all countries in a small space.

How about a great lakes experience, Rotorua in the north (first days racing) next day Moari Villages, Geo-thermal wonderlands that you can walk through. Day three a ferry ride from the north island to the south island through the sounds or inland water ways. Day five racing at Nelson in the top of the south. Day six walk a old 1820 fully restored gold mining town and pan for gold. Day seven walk or choper ride on the Franz and Fox Glaciers. Day 8 racing on lake Wanaka set in the southern Alps. Day 8 visit Queens town set high in the alps and ride the gondelers up 2400 fet to the restaurant. Day nine travel to Christchurch via Mount Cook, Day 10 race in Christchurch. Day 11 Fly out.

Well what say you skippers

Phil
Philip Whitley

Postby Capt. Flak » Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:25 pm

Sounds great to me. My parents visited your country a few years back. They did many of the things you wrote about. They also said New Zealand is a must see. I am there as soon as find a way to pay for it. Which at the rate I am going will take about 20 years.

Is it true you all put beats on everything?

Joe Walter

Joe Walter #24
Capt. Flak

Postby Rick West » Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:44 pm

Philip,
It is very inviting and is not a cold subject between Chris Harmer and I. I have been there and done all that, except for the racing, over a three week trip in 2001. I promised the guys in Wellington when I visted their sailing site one weekend that I would try to get my boat down there for the next visit in 03. We have put this timing off because of an old dog. Serious. November 2004 is being looked now but 2005 is possible instead. I wanted to come during your nationals to visit with everyone. So, it is indeed a warm subject and an exciting one.

You have a great website now, congratulations.

Rick [8D]
Rick West

Postby Philip Whitley » Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:48 pm

Joe, If you mean beatroot, probably lot of health nuts[^] in Gods own. Rick thanks[:)], with us all pushing hard toward international affiliation and a co-hesive class worldwide, success is only around the corner.

This discussion board is just the right thing may more skippers enjoy and learn and share from it.

Phil
Philip Whitley

Postby yachtie » Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:21 pm

Hey Rick

Good idea about making a trip during our nationals which are usually in Nov each year. An idea that has had a small amount of discussion in the past is to actually change it to earlier in the year, ie End of Feb or early March. maybe we could look at this for 2005. reason why, it's either blowing klike stink [:(] or no wind in Nov (usually blowing like stink!
We will be discussing this further between Phil, Davie Norris and myself in the new year.
Spotya[:D]

Chris
NZL1 Longtack
yachtie

Postby Capt. Flak » Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:19 am

Phil, Yes I guess I do mean Beatroot. We just call them beats in the states. My folks said they got a burger at a Macdonalds that had beatroot on it. I like beats, but not that much.

Talked to my folks this week over Christmas about your International Championship idea. They said I should mortgage the house to pay for the trip. My mom said if I only had one vacation for the rest of my life, I should make it NZ.

My wife and I are giving it some serious thought. Not the Mortgage bit, just the trip.

Joe

Joe Walter #24
Capt. Flak

Postby gcobley » Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:03 pm

Sounds like a wonderful idea! Just need enough time to plan and save!

Gerry Cobley
gcobley
Site Admin

Postby bogordoug » Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:26 pm

There is an article on the Australian MYA web site about the 1987 EC-12 World Championships.

http://www.radiosailing.org.au/

Doug Hale
bogordoug

Return to EC12 Chat