Southern Yacht Club, New Orleans

This is for those that like chat room doings that are not related directly to the sharing of information regarding the hobby/recreational interests in the EC12.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Southern Yacht Club, New Orleans

Postby kahle67 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:03 am

Off topic but oh well!

Has anybody seen the videos taken from a helicopter on the news networks of the Municipal Yacht Harbor of New Orleans (south shore Lake Ponchatrain)? Boat carnage everywhere and Southern Yacht Club is burning down. That's my hometown and I grew up and learned to sail at that club. Still a non-res member. The Mississippi Gulf Coast Clubs, I'm afraid, are surely much worse as they are on the beach and experienced a 25'+ tidal surge. It seems that about half of the GYA clubs have been taken out by Katrina and the Liptons are (were) supposed to be next weekend.

I guess the only way that this relates to EC-12 sailing is that I might miss out on some if I need to go help clean up.

Reichard
kahle67

Postby deafsail » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:54 am

http://www.wwltv.com/perl/common/video/ ... yachts.wmv

sad for damage fire at yacht club look video wmplayer .

look ussailing.org
deafsail

Postby kahle67 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:42 am

You can take it away Paul
kahle67

Postby John Garver » Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:11 pm

Boats can redone and the club can be rebuilt as was done at James Island Yacht club after Hugo in 89. How is your family doing? Thats the important question. My prayers are with you. John L. Garver
John Garver

Return to EC12 Chat