Class growth

This is for those that like chat room doings that are not related directly to the sharing of information regarding the hobby/recreational interests in the EC12.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Class growth

Postby Winston » Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:28 am

The Naples Model Yacht Club decided to support the EC12 in the club calendar of racing starting in the Winter of 2006. At this point it appears that we will have 14 boat owning members by that date. I am impressed! Five NMYC boats will be at the Chicago Regionals. 12 of the boats will be newly built, some by club members, many by Hickman and 2 by Kahle.

What is the picture with other clubs?

Winston Mathews
Winston

Postby bodacious » Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:53 pm

Winston, PBGMYS (Palm Beach Gardens) has about 12-13 boats ... 5 of which travel to most of the Fla.Assoc regattas.During the "season"of Nov. to May we usually put about 6-8 boats on the line every Sunday!Our club also has a growing Soling 1 mtr fleet and a large Victoria fleet. We have approximatly 40 memebers total! I hope this gives you a picture...check out our website at....www.pbgmys.com DougB [8D]
bodacious

Postby Capt. Flak » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:03 am

Winston,

Gerhard Kelter and Jack Wubbe are already members of the Florida EC-12 Association. They both have been very active in racing in the Florida series and we have talked about the great growth in the EC-12 Class within your club. Gerhard has told me that you all intend to be part of the Association and host a regatta next season.

I hope that you will encourage all your new EC-12 skippers to join the Association and come out an enjoy the great racing and camaraderie we have at all our events. The Jacksonville Regatta is next on the schedule on September 24-25.

Please go to our Web site for more info at http://www.floridaec12.com/

I look forward to sailing with all the members of the NMYC.

Joe Walter, Chairman Florida EC-12 Association

Joe Walter #24
Capt. Flak

Postby Rick West » Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:11 am

Hmmmm, I think four of the seven we had at Delta went down there just before the last hurricane season. I have not heard from them. They maybe in southern Spain by now.

When I received access to the records 18 montha ago the class was listed at 336 and is now 410. A lot of that growth has been in Florida and property owners from Region 4. Naples is one of three clubs that has been adding the EC12 to their other fleets. I see this through registrations that show the other classes the new
EC12 owner sails.

Players on a playground begats more players. It is the same here at The Meadows Anchorage in full scale boats. There are 18 summer residents here over none 20 years ago. Weekends, it swells to over 30. Gatherings are almost daily and going home to check the mail is resting...Oh Well, like is hard...

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Return to EC12 Chat