bent

This is for those that like chat room doings that are not related directly to the sharing of information regarding the hobby/recreational interests in the EC12.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

bent

Postby Nautic12 » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:44 am

tell me please,what advantages/dis-advantages do you see in booms
been bent? as i notice the US rules comment on this subject,in NZ the booms have to pass thru a certain diam ring,???
Nautic12

Postby yachtie » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:29 am

Tosh our rule basically means the overall dia of the boom cannot exceed 19mm - the curvature is adiffernt story . A fe wof the Kiwi boast do have curved booms but most are straight.

Chris
NZL1 Longtack
&
NZL110 Swept Away
yachtie

Postby Nautic12 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:00 am

i like good story,s chris ?? curvature please explain
Nautic12

Postby greerdr » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:08 pm

Check out IOM booms.AMYA.org is a good link.I've never seen one on a 12.

R.C.Greer
greerdr

Postby Stephen Crewes » Tue Mar 15, 2005 8:01 am

Tosh, I saw your mate's Frank's new boat at the NSW championships last saturday and Mate I have to report that it sailed just like all the local ones and quite a few of them were dumas type. This is all bum fluff. He had your bent booms and really , we were all interested in them but frankly (and scuse' the pun) it didn't make the boat go faster or for that matter, slower.

Here was the perfect opportunity to see both types of EC12s(ours and USA) in a action together and do you know what happened? they raced as a pretty close bunch of EC12s.We also raced in what I considered USA winds too, 0 to 5 knots. Happy Fun times ahead. The international event roll-on.
Stephen Crewes

Postby boatie » Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:07 am

Hello,

Funny that,[:o)] it just goes to show all the talk about this boat, that boat, that hull shape etc [:0]really makes very little ( if any ) difference. [8)]
Franks boat is one of mine and the Bent booms are a Sails etc boom section from England. I order over length sections and have them bent to fit the bottom shape of the sails.
It stops the sails from hanging up on the booms in light airs and they look good as well.[:p]
If you check out our Local Clubs web site www.crys.co.nz and go to the For Sale page you will see one off my latest "Legend" with the Bent Booms.

Regards Davie Norris[:)][:p][:)]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Treasure</i>

Tosh, I saw your mate's Frank's new boat at the NSW championships last saturday and Mate I have to report that it sailed just like all the local ones and quite a few of them were dumas type. This is all bum fluff. He had your bent booms and really , we were all interested in them but frankly (and scuse' the pun) it didn't make the boat go faster or for that matter, slower.

Here was the perfect opportunity to see both types of EC12s(ours and USA) in a action together and do you know what happened? they raced as a pretty close bunch of EC12s.We also raced in what I considered USA winds too, 0 to 5 knots. Happy Fun times ahead. The international event roll-on.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
boatie

Return to EC12 Chat