fitting,s

This is for those that like chat room doings that are not related directly to the sharing of information regarding the hobby/recreational interests in the EC12.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

fitting,s

Postby Nautic12 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:34 am

my long awaited copy of the ec12 manual arrived at last in NZ,info was superb,i can only describe as shock at seening some of the fittings used.I know its a while since the books were first published
and maybe at the time quality fittngs were hard to get or find,and i can only guess that things have improved since then.Does the name
Bantock not ring a bell with any-one.No i do not work for Bantock
neither am i on some $ commision. Pehaps you have in the USA an american Bantock producing quality fitings?I hope so.Please inlighting me ??other wise the view Fred Flinstone takes up ec12
sailing will be firmly fixed.
Nautic12

Postby Rick West » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:06 pm

Bob,
You might check out the site of http://www.gbmy.com/index.html for some of the stuff Bantock make(s) is on his site. This site has stuff for all classes and is an interesting browse.

I am sorry you were delayed in getting the manuals. I was copied on the whole process. We have have it within the class and this will not happen again.
Rick West

Postby yachtie » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:06 am

Bob - have you seen the stuff Tony O brings in to NZ?? I have bought a bit of it - Cap Maquette - and cannot fault quality at reasonble price. Same sort of stuff as Bantock - ie blocks, masts etc

Chris
NZL1 Longtack
&
NZL110 Swept Away
yachtie

Postby Nautic12 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:02 pm

Rick,no slur on you or the org,with-out your help we would still be waiting,a BIG thank you.
Nautic12

Return to EC12 Chat