Book title recommendation

This is for those that like chat room doings that are not related directly to the sharing of information regarding the hobby/recreational interests in the EC12.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Book title recommendation

Postby Richard Herring » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:06 pm

I'm a beginner in radio controlled racing sailboats. I wonder if any member here has a recommendation of a specific book title that I could buy which would be helpful, i.e., a title such as "Introduction to EC 12-Meter Radio Controlled racing Sailboats."

I do not yet own an EC 12 but am practicing sailing a similar type boat. I will own an EC 12 early next year.

Rich
Richard Herring

Postby Rick West » Sun Dec 05, 2004 5:51 pm

Hi Rich, welcome to 12 Discussions,
There is nothing specific in print. The first EC12 Manual might be of help but I would recommend the Dummy Reflections series found in the Aricles section of www.ec12.info. Start with the oldest date. While there are some other subjects covered it started with my experiences when I joined large fleet racing. There is a lot of reading there and you might enjoy it, as well the learning.

...94 [8D]
Rick West

Postby greerdr » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:28 pm

Don't read a book.Go to the lake and use someones boat..then read a book.Really,it seems at any venue there are a couple of "extra" 12's in a garage that the local fleet would like to have on the water.
The last regatta of the Florida series(Melbourne) this week-end was a gas.Seeing the National champ sailing against the likes of Danny Thomas and the Gerry's and John Bottensak and Joe Walter was delicious.Leave the book-go to the lake.

R.C.Greer
greerdr

Return to EC12 Chat