After the Nationals 2013

This is for those that like chat room doings that are not related directly to the sharing of information regarding the hobby/recreational interests in the EC12.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

After the Nationals 2013

Postby yachtie » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:29 am

Hi folk

My plan is to venture north east to New York after the Nats this year and I am on the bludge (think this may be a down under term meaning seeking free stuff) = looking for a ride that way :lol: so if any from the area are able to help I am looking to be very grateful for a ride.

I have never been to NY and want to have a quick experience (2 and a bit days as I need to book flight to SFO to meet my SFO to NZL flight leaving 13 Nov)
Have noticed central hotels are not so cheap so any hints/tips would be awesome.

Looking forward to seeing you guys soon :roll: t
yachtie

Re: After the Nationals 2013

Postby Capt. Flak » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:06 am

Chris,

I am sure there will be a number of folks headed back that way after the regatta. The question is, will they have enough room?

For those of you who do not know Chris, he is coming all the way from New Zealand to sail with us. His boat will be staying behind, so it is just him and a piece of luggage that needs a ride to NY, if that helps you figure out space issues.

I would take him with me, but I am going in the opposite direction.
Joe Walter #24
Class Secretary
Capt. Flak

Postby Rick West » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:55 pm

Some of you Yankees ought to make room for him and drop him off at BWI to catch the train to NYC. That is a great ride and faster than the plane...Ramos, Brawner, huh? huh?
...94 [8D]
Pacifica By The Sea
Rick West

Postby Merv49 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:47 am

Chris might find Amtrac a favorable alternative for inexpensive transportation to NYC. There is service from High Point to perhaps Washinton DC and then a follow up ride into NYC. Pretty reasonable prices from what I've seen.
Merv49

Return to EC12 Chat