A introduction

This is for those that like chat room doings that are not related directly to the sharing of information regarding the hobby/recreational interests in the EC12.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

A introduction

Postby Jeff Simpson » Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:38 pm

Greetings from Alberta Canada

I thought I should introduce myself to everyone.
R/C sailing has hit me in a big way. This been my first year at the sport and I have already purchased one boat (Victoria CLass) and have built three hulls for the US1M. A EC12 is very possible for the next purchase (once I convince "She who must be Obeyed")
Considering there is very few people here sailing R/C boats road trips to other locations are a must do. Nine hours travel time(one way) to the nearest Victoria Fleet for me. And I have sailed with two fellows out of southern Saskatchewan (another 5 hour one way trip)It is unfortant tha thte closest club located in Calgary has stopped operating. only 2.5 hours from me but I did hear they may be trying to start the club up again in 2005. Guess been the lone wolf here in Southern Alberta has its draw backs.
Currently there is only two of us sailing at this time. The entire "club" fleet consist of 2 Victoria Class boats, 2 US1M Mistrals , and a set of plans for the the schooner Benjamine Latham (50")(another winter project) Lots of interest from people who have walked by us sailing so maybe 2005 we will grow into a "real" club. We are trying to promote the Victoria as a club boat. but are open to all. I like the Victoria s but personal want a bigger boat. This the interest in the EC12 has started to develope. Even the other fellow sailing here is thinking of going to the EC12s.

Anyways thats about all the exciting things happening here
Jeff
Jeff Simpson

Return to EC12 Chat