White Rose Mascot Duck

This is for those that like chat room doings that are not related directly to the sharing of information regarding the hobby/recreational interests in the EC12.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

White Rose Mascot Duck

Postby Doug Wotring » Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:10 pm

For all of you who know what I am talking about...... the Duck is living a happy and carefree life on my pool deck. He still refuses to go in the water on his own and freaks out if you put him in. He seems to love to eat potted plants and is very scared of the hose. Other than that he is great.....does not seem to like some visitors as he bites their legs.....and I'm not sure if he likes the one dog or dislikes it........he will follow it around, but will occasionally bite it.

He is very in tune with when people arrive and will stare at you through the door.....he seems to enjoy people sitting with him for a bit each day

he still has no name.
Doug Wotring

Postby Rick West » Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:44 pm

Doug,
I am glad to hear you have the duck (a male Mallard). This creature is not dysfunctional but has a different set of priorities based on his inability to left a wing and never goes in the water. I was afraid he would be some animals meal in the dark of night though hiding in the brush.

You are a nice man...[8D]
Rick West

Postby Doug Wotring » Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:35 am

Further Update..........

The old boy can fly, although at low altitude and for short distances.

The 16 year old old English Sheepdog was following him around the pool yesterday.....obviously a Duck has a terminal velocity as far as the waddle is concerned. This combined with the diving board fast approaching the old boy took wing, gain about 3 foot of altitude and made a sof water landing...only to swm to the far side of the pool and fly out. I believe he has capability of flying In Ground effect.

Anyway after getting on the hard he spent the next hour preening himself to get that nasty water off him.

Note: He chases the other dog
Doug Wotring

Postby Rick West » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:50 pm

Okay...he is a duck that does not like to fly and paddle but can? Did it ever come to mind that he may be a reincarnation? You need to observe this creature and write a book.

94...[8D]
Rick West

Return to EC12 Chat