New Zealand breeze

This is for those that like chat room doings that are not related directly to the sharing of information regarding the hobby/recreational interests in the EC12.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

New Zealand breeze

Postby kahle67 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:17 am

To our friends from the opposite side of the globe:

Our Nationals are coming up in a little over a month. The lake looks great but It's summertime and I'm used to living on the coast. Could you please do us a favor and package up some of that NZ blow then ship it to Dayton Ohio? Thanks in advance.

Reichard Kahle
Charleston, SC
kahle67

Postby RMDJBD » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:36 am

RIECHARD

CAN SEND YOU SOME OF HURRICANE " CHARLEY " LATER

FROM SUNNY ST.PETE FLA.

RMD BOB
RMDJBD

Postby Capt. Flak » Fri Aug 13, 2004 3:20 pm

Reichard,

Here is what you do. Tomorrow evening, when Hurricane Charley is blowing through Charleston, just aim the back of your van into the storm, open the rear doors and store up all that wind for the trip to Dayton.

When you get up to Nationals park your van close to the lake and just crack open a window. You should have all the wind you need for the three days.

Joe Walter #24
Capt. Flak

Postby Larry Ludwig » Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:28 pm

Just schedule a politcal debate, you will have all the wind you need and then some... might have a problem cleaning up all the left over debris afterward (not from wind damage either)
Larry Ludwig

Postby IanHB » Mon Aug 16, 2004 4:52 am

Mate, you do not want any <font color="blue"><font size="2"><b>"NZ Blow." </b></font id="size2"></font id="blue">Trust me. The current <font size="2"><b>BLOW</b></font id="size2"> is at around 25-30 knots, 5 degrees celsius, with horizontal rain. And you fellas dont even have a C rig.
I think you should also forget Charlie. He has caused enough death and destruction already. Be thankful for the lovely soft breezes that
make the EC12 so nice to sail.<font color="limegreen"><font size="2"><b>" Learn the light."</b></font id="size2"></font id="limegreen"> My best advise "If in doubt, let it out" Good luck for a great event.
Keep me in mind if you are looking for an International Race Officer.
IanHB

Postby yachtie » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:40 am

Since Ians post - the "gentle hurricane" force winds have hit - 180 km/h last night with Wellington Airport closed - Interisland ferries cancelled due to 8 metre swells and horizonatl rain - oh yeah and snow down to less than 1000'. Considering Charlie was not much stronger it is amazing there is no where near the damage suffered in Florida. Sure a few roofs have gone north (it's a Southerly)but we are very lucky compared to your folks over there. The wind should ease tommorrow after 3 days and nights.
[:(]

Chris
NZL1 Longtack
&
NZL110 Swept Away
yachtie

Postby Philip Whitley » Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:22 am

Ok, Ok, so the two chaps above live in New Zealands worst place. Weather's fine in the Mainland of New Zealand, Winds middle of the a rig and consistant,(even while yachtie and Ian are getting hammered), so its really mainland New Zealand weather we should send. PS: want some of our sunshine too.

All the best one and all for your nationals.

Phil
Philip Whitley

Return to EC12 Chat