Transmitter Weather Cover

This is for those that like chat room doings that are not related directly to the sharing of information regarding the hobby/recreational interests in the EC12.

Moderators: Capt. Flak, bigfoot55, Chuck Luscomb

Transmitter Weather Cover

Postby skip241 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:58 am

I dropped an open can of paint on the foul weather cover I purchased some time ago for my transmitter. It's either canvas or some similar material with a plastic window so that you can see the front of the transmitter while you are sailing in foul weather. It has zippers to grant easy access along with a flannel interior. It also has a hole in the top for the antenna.

Does anyone have any idea where I can purchase a similar replacement?

Thanks

Skip [:D]
skip241

Postby jrutherford » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:13 am

Skip,

Scott got me into using a trash bag as an emergency foul weather cover. It folds down compactly and is big enough to get the radio and my hands in it. The antenna comes out a small hole in the top seam.

Cost effective anyway

jim
jrutherford

Postby Winston » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:23 am

Winston

Postby Winston » Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:16 am

And here are two more (long & short antenna) http://www.rysa.com.au/ACCESSORIES.html

There are more, but I'll give it a rest.
Winston

Postby skip241 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:25 am

Winston,

Thanks for the info. This looks just like the one that now has white IMRON poured all over it. I knew someone would know where to find it!

Thanks again!

Skip [:D]

P.S. - Jim, Thanks for the thoughts about the garbage bag.
skip241

Postby s vernon » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:36 pm

Duct tape (over wood) decks and garbage bag transmitter covers. My reputation is flushing, I mean flourishing.

My actual transmitter bag is actually pretty trick (and does involve duct tape). It has a long thin tube for the antenna taped to the clear plastic that covers the transmitter. I worry about water running along the antenna and into the radio, so just cover the whole thing rather than rely on a grommet. Surely overkill.

Scott
s vernon

Postby fvracer1 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:15 pm

Hey Scott I can go you one better. If your wife shops at K mart, sheets come in a rectangular vinyl case with a zipper along one side. Tell the wife you would like new sheets and offer to make the bed...

XR4

"When the cannon fires, harden up, tack or get out of my way"
fvracer1

Postby MichaelJ2K » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:07 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by s vernon</i>

Duct tape (over wood) decks and garbage bag transmitter covers. My reputation is flushing, I mean flourishing.

My actual transmitter bag is actually pretty trick (and does involve duct tape). It has a long thin tube for the antenna taped to the clear plastic that covers the transmitter. I worry about water running along the antenna and into the radio, so just cover the whole thing rather than rely on a grommet. Surely overkill.

Scott
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Duct tape tested and approved by Red Green. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-Lnfpul ... re=related

Mike Denest
EC12 #899
MichaelJ2K

Return to EC12 Chat